Astra Radiology is committed to the ongoing investment into the latest technology in radiology equipment that is designed to lead clinical discovery and improve patient health outcomes.
To stand by this commitment, we have recently installed into our Ascot Hospital site, a new, premium Siemens SOMATOM dual source CT machine that provides superior image quality, super quick speed, comfort and state-of-the-art technology, while applying the lowest radiation dose for patients.
The Dual Source technology is one-of-a kind and has revolutionised clinical capabilities in many ways by using two X-ray sources and two detectors at the same time. Thanks to unrivalled power, speed, and precision, this Dual Source CT allows us to obtain high-quality results even in challenging and advanced imaging applications. Features include:
- Premium Cardiac CT scanner with ultra-fast image acquisition and scan speed that ensures diagnostic confidence at any heart rate, making cardiac CT accessible for a wider range of patients.
- Unique technology eliminates breathing and motion artifacts without increasing dose which makes it highly suitable for all patients including urgent and critical care.
- Differential diagnostic precision
- Advanced orthopaedic capabilities
- 78cm large bore for bariatric patients, even with renal impairment
- Siemens unique technology and hardware enables the lowest possible dose for Lung Cancer Screening examinations.
Dr Chris Occleshaw, Cardiac Radiologist for Astra Radiology states, “The advent of dual-tube CT scanners has been the biggest development in CT imaging for two decades and is specifically designed to allow for better cardiac imaging. It is great to be able to bring the technology available in our teaching hospitals into private radiology in Auckland for the first time.”
At Astra Radiology we’re committed to providing the best possible health outcomes for all of our patients. Astra Radiology, leading with care.